The AHSAA Northwest District has been well served by many great football officials who have had, or continue to have, excellent officiating careers. Each year the District Director is able to recognize one official as the District Official of the Year for their contributions to their local association and the Northwest District.
One official will be selected from the district winners to be the State Official of the Year by the AHSAA State Director of Officials. The following guidelines are used in determining a worthy official.
- A worthy selection shall have:
- a) Exhibited good moral and ethical character, as judged by acceptable societal standards.
- b) Demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities.
- c) Demonstrated a high quality of citizenship within the local AHSAA association, district and state.
- d) Demonstrated a level of achievement or service which stands out from the ordinary.
- e) Achieved honors and recognition which are a credit to that individual’s association and the AHSAA organization.
- f) Provided service above the norm to the member schools of the AHSAA.
State Football Official of The Year
- 2018-2019 Todd Burbank – Tennessee Valley Football Officials Association
- 2015-2016 Mark Wallace – Tennessee Valley Football Officials Association
- 2010-2011 Randy Mummert – Decatur Football Officials Association
- 1999-2000 Don Widner – Decatur Football Officials Association
District Football Official of the Year
- 2019-2020 Mark Hays
- 2018-2019 Todd Burbank
- 2017-2018 Amel Drake
- 2016-2017 Gene Dickinson
- 2015-2016 Mark Wallace
- 2014-2015 Allen Orman
- 2013-2014 Chris Liles
- 2012-2013 Ron Slatton
- 2011-2012 Rob Cook
- 2010-2011 Randy Mummert
- 2009-2010 Todd Burbank
- 2008-2009 Brad Wood
- 2007-2008 Roger Shireman
- 2006-2007 Eddie Newell
- 2005-2006 Gene Dickinson
- 2004-2005 Thomas Watkins
- 2003-2004 Preston Hillis
- 2002-2003 Farris Satterfield
- 2001-2002 Travis Tidmore
- 2000-2001 Bobby Noles
- 1999-2000 Don Widner